Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Golden Globes Color Trend: Sparkling Silver

Time for part two of my color trend series inspired by Sunday’s Golden Globes red carpet. Today I’m loving silver, just like the fabulous dresses seen below on Dakota Johnson, Reese Witherspoon, and Julianne Moore.

2015 golden globes red carpet dresses fashion silver

via Fushion Magazine

I’m so jealous of their pretty, sparkly dresses! They just look perfect for the awards show.

Sparkly silver can be harder to pull off in the home, but if done well it’s lovely. Use some metallic accents, like lamps or pendant lights, some silver wallpaper, or mirrored furniture to add a glamorous feel to your room.

Here are a few beautiful rooms that figured out how to pull off silver well.

Metallic Wallpaper, Contemporary, girl's room, Natalie Umbert

Natalie Umbert via DecorPad

Gray Kitchen Cabinets, Transitional, kitchen, Benjamin Moore Fieldstone, Sally Wheat Interiors

Sally Wheat Interiors via DécorPad

Purple Bench, Contemporary, bedroom, EJ Interiors

EJ Interiors via DécorPad

And here are a few accents you can bring into your home. Try the silver curtains and the mirrored coffee table for a sophisticated living room, or the sequined lamp and beaded pillows for a fun teen girl’s room.

"Silver Accents" by blue11interiors on Polyvore

 

Manzanita Wall Jewelry Branch, West Elm, $99 // Foxed Mirrored Faceted Pendant, West Elm, $120 // Grand Silver Burst Mirror, Pier 1, $60 // Threshold Banded Faux Silk Curtain Panel, Target, $30 // Silver Sequin Table Lamp, Bed Bath & Beyond, $25 // Threshold Metal Accent Table, Target, $60 // Silver Beaded Bloom Pillow, Pier 1, $40 // Moroccan Pouf, Kouvy, $100 // Hayworth Coffee Table, Pier 1, $400

 

I’m dying over that Moroccan pouf, and I love the Target side table; I even used it in my friend’s apartment makeover. Do you have silver in your house?

Be sure to stop by tomorrow for my final post of my Golden Globes color trend series!

1 comment:

  1. Love that third one, I'd love to have an accent wall behind my bed.

    The Clean Project

    ReplyDelete