Monday, June 2, 2014

The Brass Menagerie

Last week I blogged about my love/obsession for brass and I showed you how some of my favorite bloggers have decorated with brass. Today it’s time to show you my brass collection and how I’ve incorporated it into my house, starting with my office then going through the living room and finishing with the cute little nook in the kitchen.

DSC_0311

DSC_0310

DSC_0312

Hutch collage

DSC_0317

DSC_0321

DSC_0328

DSC_0347

DSC_0348

DSC_0349

DSC_0361

DSC_0331

DSC_0334

DSC_0336

DSC_0341

Kitchen nook

Pretty much all of my brass collection was bought at thrift stores, consignment stores, or antique stores, with a few gifts from my mom thrown in. All of the candlesticks were really inexpensive: the skinny ones on top of the hutch are part of a set of seven that cost $9, and the big ones on the mantle were $3 each. Other cheapies include the pitcher on the lamp shelf that I bought for $3 and the brass and mother of pearl duck that cost $4. I think the most expensive item was the elephant which cost $19, but it’s really big and heavy and worth a lot more than $19 IMO.

I have a few more pieces that didn’t make it into the pictures but that’s most of my brass assortment. Anyone else into collecting vintage brass?

No comments:

Post a Comment