Monday, April 7, 2014

Go Blog Social 2014 Recap

Oh my goodness, this weekend was just wonderful. I attended my very first blogging conference, Go Blog Social, on Friday and Saturday. It was so much more than I was expecting! Not only did I learn a lot from the speakers, I also met some really wonderful fellow bloggers.

The conference took place at the Berg Event Space in the heart of downtown Kansas City. What a beautiful space! It was in a great location too, about a block away from the Sprint Center and right across the street from the KC Star building.

GBS 2014 collage

downton KC

Sprint Center

KC star building

I tried to put together two of my cutest outfits to wear to the event since I knew it would be packed with fashionable ladies. I definitely didn’t win the best dressed award (seriously, you should have seen how well dressed this group of women was!), but I did like what I wore.GBS 2014 Day 1GBS Day 2 Outfit

Like I said earlier, I got to meet and talk with some amazing fellow bloggers. I think my favorite part of the whole weekend was lunch on Saturday when I joined a few other ladies at Bristol during our lunch break. I had such a great time getting to know them and hearing their stories!

Bristol Lunch

Pictured above, starting on the left and going around the table, are: Sarah from B8sics, Laura Probasco, Jordan from This Blonde Bee, Erin from House of Earnest, Emily from Mrs. Kansas Mommy, and me. 

I met tons of other awesome girls that I didn’t get to spend as much one-on-one time with, but who were wonderful nonetheless. Just look at all these pretty business cards I collected!

GBS business cards

Another perk of attending a blogger conference like this is all the goodies you get to take home! Look at all this stuff: makeup from Stila, Better Homes & Garden magazine compliments of our keynote speaker, Kaelin Zawilinski, the Editorial Manager at BHG.com, granola from Nola, a gift card from Tieks shoes, and more. How cool!

GBS freebies

There were also tons of giveaways during the conference and I was lucky enough to win one of them! I got this cute and perfect-for-spring infinity scarf from Tulip boutique in KC. I can’t wait to wear it!

Tulip scarf

I had such an amazing time at Go Blog Social! Thanks so much to all of our speakers and to the GBS for putting together this incredible event! For lots more pictures of Go Blog Social check out the GBS team’s instagram account here.

And for all my new friends I met at GBS, make sure to keep in contact! You can connect with me here: facebook, bloglovin’, instagram, pinterest, and twitter.

Also, make sure to come back later this week to read about the top 10 things I learned from Go Blog Social and to see the really cute and thrifty Easter tablescape I’m working on!

6 comments:

  1. It was great to meet you! You were definitely lookin' cute. Congrats on winning that pretty scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great meeting you this past weekend! I really liked collecting the business cards too and seeing everyone's different styles (and getting a few ideas for myself!). I will definitely be back to check out your "Top Ten".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Emmie,
    It was so nice to meet you at #GBS2014. Also looking forward to hear your top ten list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Messenger Bags in pakistan on low-cost best laptop messenger bags price in Pakistan. At Laptoplelo, we offer messenger bags, sleeves, classic bags, premium bags, backpacks, travel bags, rollers, and MacBook bags of reputable brands such as Targus, genius, Logitech, Tucano, and verbatim.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was quite beneficial information! I'm just starting started with this, but I'm Steam Center For Kids getting a lot better at it!

    ReplyDelete