Thursday, January 2, 2014

Best of 2013

Hi friends! Can you believe it’s already 2014? December absolutely flew by. The last part of the month especially was really crazy for me. My mother-in-law had an unexpected surgery that pulled us away from home for a while, and then it was time to start celebrating Christmas (we’ve had 4 Christmases already and we still have one more this weekend!), and then I spent the last couple days of the year sick Sad smile.

So to celebrate the end of 2013 and the beginning of 2014, I compiled a list of my favorite posts from each month. Enjoy!

January

I love this Moroccan bedroom mood board I put together.

Moroccan BR polyvore

 

February

My post on Mindy’s apartment from The Mindy Project has been one of my most popular posts ever. It was also one of my favorite posts ever to write. The Mindy Project has become one of my very favorite shows on TV, it is just so good! And I still love Mindy’s style, both in fashion and in home design.

Mindy Project Apartment

 

March

In March I completed a really fun and easy DIY project: this kate spade inspired lampshade makeover.

IMG_2385

 

April

One of the best events I’ve ever been to took place this April and I was lucky enough to help with a little of the behind the scenes business. If you ever have a chance to go to Dining by Design please do so, you won’t regret it.

IMG_2399

 

May

This May my husband and I finally finished our makeover of the dining room table and chairs. I just love how they turned out!

Table before and after

 

June

Another fun (and easy!) DIY project: my summer fabric wreath.

wreath 2

 

July

Emily Henderson is one of my all time favorite designers and bloggers. She gives really simple and helpful advice, some of which I took to style my coffee table.

IMG_2553

 

August

I love to share my bargain shopping finds with you and this post on desks under $200 is one of my favorites.

"Desks under $200" by blue11interiors on Polyvore

September

I’ve had so much fun this fall helping my friend Kate decorate her apartment. I hope to share the final pictures with you soon, but for now here is the mood board that I put together in September. I love the color scheme and the best part is that everything that we need to buy here totals less than $1000.

"Blue, Gray, and Yellow Living Room" by blue11interiors on Polyvore

October

Here’s another great shopping roundup featuring some beautiful, colorful sofas.

"Colorful sofas" by blue11interiors on Polyvore

November

November was a super exciting month for me because my home was photographed and featured in Ink magazine! Because of copyright laws I can’t use their images on my blog, but luckily my friend Laura takes awesome pictures and she came to photograph my house which I shared in a five part house tour feature!

IMG_9185

 

December

Like I said earlier my December was really crazy so I didn’t get to blog as much as I would have liked to, but I did have time to fit in a few Christmas themed posts, like this one about my Christmas tablescape.

IMG_2593

 

I can’t wait to see what’s in store for 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment